Saturday, April 29, 2006

Witty quotes

Some of Oscar Wilde's quotes![www.quotationspage.com] .... witticism at its best!

A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal.
A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her.
Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
America had often been discovered before Columbus, but it had always been hushed up. Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
I always like to know everything about my new friends, and nothing about my old ones.
I think that God in creating Man somewhat overestimated his ability.
It is a very sad thing that nowadays there is so little useless information.
Morality, like art, means drawing a line someplace.
One should always play fairly when one has the winning cards.
The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on. It is never any use to oneself.
To disagree with three-fourths of the British public is one of the first requisites of sanity. Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.
Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast.
Most people are other people.
Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation. Work is the curse of the drinking classes.
I can resist anything but temptation.
Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about.
Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home